Summary of Main Concerns
- Hypersensitivity/Intolerance to foods
- Inability to lose weight
- Insulin Resistance
- Hormone Imbalance/PCOS
- Inflammation/Decreased Mobility
Summary of Results
- “Learning about the foods and how they affect my body good and bad. All my food reactions went away within probably the first month of being with being in the Reclaim program. And that was honestly life changing because my life didn’t revolve around how foods were going to make me feel because I just didn’t eat those foods anymore. And then getting to understand my insulin resistance and what it actually means and what causes it – that was huge!”
- “My insulin from over 15 down to five, which is optimal. So it was sky high, and I corrected that in three days. I’ve been able to maintain that with some follow up lab work about 6-8 weeks later- it reassured me that I was still maintaining that following the dietary guidelines that we had set forth through the epic plan… I feel very confident that I know how to control my insulin, and not only with the foods that I’m eating – I know now what foods will increase my insulin, but I also know what supplements can help my body to get more sensitive to insulin, and so it won’t make so much insulin, more than it needs. And I can just just exist in in a normal insulin range. ”
- “With reducing the foods that were causing the inflammation or whatever else was causing the inflammation – my mobility has gone gotten so much better. In fact, in the last couple of weeks, I’ve been able to go back to morning classes at my gym, which I haven’t done for years, because getting out of bed in the morning to go to a 630 class just was never possible because my body was so stiff.
What Are You Looking Forward to Now?
- Being confident with the knowledge shes gained that she can advocate for herself and maintain the progress shes made with EPIC
Annie Shares Her Story & One Piece of Advice
Advice to Anyone Thinking About Reclaiming Their Health
- “Advocate for yourself. If you’re going to join RECLAIM, then join in 100%. Make that commitment to yourself that it’s going to be a priority for you. And along the way, if there’s something that you start saying I can’t do that, maybe try replacing it with I will try that. Like I said, how many times did I say “I could never do a fast, I could never, I could never,” and then you know what I thought to myself, I’ll try it, and I did it, then that’s probably one of my biggest personal accomplishments.”
- “There’s a certain amount of healing to the soul to be surrounded by people who are in a similar situation as you or who have been there before, and are willing to stand by you and walk with you through that journey. And that’s what you’ll find at EPIC, not just with the team, but with the members. So dive into that as much as possible and take advantage of all that everybody has to offer because that’s going to be healing in a different way.”