Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our patient coordinator via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach, and engaging both the patient and practitioner in a health-centered partnership.
EPIC Functional Medicine is unique in that it is truly outcomes based. What this means is that we dig for the ROOT CAUSE and address these through lifestyle and nutritional medicine.
This approach is SAFE and SUSTAINABLE.
We guide our clients all along the way and pride ourselves on being available ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: 24/7. On-demand healthcare is the way of the future and EPIC is at the forefront.
If you have been struggling with complex chronic symptoms or conditions and have tried everything but not gotten the results you want, then Functional Medicine is right for you.
On the other hand, if you feel alright day-to-day but want to prevent chronic disease, take your health (and life) to the next level, and live a LONG, HEALTHY and HAPPY life then Functional Medicine is for you.
Getting started is as easy 1-2-3:
1. Talk with our Enrollment Coordinator: Get any other questions you have answered, discuss your current health status, and understand how Functional Medicine can benefit you.
2. Receive your initial Health consult: If we agree that Functional Medicine is a good fit for you, then you will be scheduled for an initial health consultation with our Functional Medicine expert, Dr. Jason Bradley. He will review your history, current health status, and you will discuss your health goals with him. He also reviews any previous lab work done and provides his insight. Based on the conversation and clinical expertise, he can get you set up with the correct personalized functional medicine laboratory testing and EPIC care plan that works best for you based on your needs.
3. Discuss your care plan: You will receive your care plan and discuss the steps and what laboratory tests you will need with our nurse and Enrollment Coordinator. She will discuss the investment breakdown and many payment options available. We have one financial discussion so that we can set you up with what works best and then focus on what’s important – YOU AND YOUR HEALTH.
Then journey to full health begins!
1. A notebook – take notes as you go!
2. Previous lab work can be uploaded to your secure patient portal so it can be reviewed by Dr. Bradley at your initial consultation
Functional Medicine is not currently covered by insurance. I know, it is frustrating!
Many HSA (Health Savings Accounts) and FSA (Flex Spending Accounts) can be used.
Not being covered by insurance doesn’t have to be a bad thing:
The relationship is directly between EPIC and our clients meaning there is no third party involved determining how we are able to work together and deliver care.
We offer AWESOME discounts on care plans. Labs are 90% off retail and you even get a great 15% discount on supplements as an active member.
Blood Labs are drawn at a local LabCorp (or other lab if LabCorp is not available in the area).
Other labs are done in the convenience of your home and shipped directly to the lab: urine, stool, food sensitivity, and more!
Our Clinical Assistant walks you through how to do labs step-by-step in one of our online modules which include written instructions and interactive videos. Completing labs hasn’t been easier!
Functional Medicine laboratory testing goes above and beyond the standard of care so many of our tests cannot be run through insurance. That said, we get 90% off labs and we pass this discount along to you!
We accept most FSA, HSA accounts; all major credit cards; checks.
Yes! We work with Advance CARE to provide flexible financing options. You can get approved in advance by clicking the banner below. Note, we also have internal EPIC payment plans available.
If you are on prescription medications you will want to continue working with the prescribing provider. EPIC can coordinate care with them once given permission. In addition, EPIC does recommend having a PCP (primary care physician) as needed for any acute health needs.
You will work exclusively with Dr. Jason Bradley and a certified health coach at EPIC. Other outside practitioners may be recommended based on your unique needs. These practitioners may include: acupuncturist, chiropractor, massage therapist, mental health therapist or counselor, or another specialist. EPIC provides these recommendations.
Yes – we work with clients all over the world! This is why we offer virtual care via several different platforms:
1. Zoom video conferencing
2. An online community on Facebook
3. Recorded virtual lab reviews via Loom
Functional Medicine services have no borders!
They will all be done over the phone or Zoom. We pride ourselves on providing care to busy clients in a busy world — we want to meet you where you are and be available anytime and anywhere.
This varies based on your personalized program, but our main program is 16 weeks (or 4 months) for the initial care plan. Longer-term, affordable, annual & monthly options are available upon successful completion of the initial care plan.
At the end of the initial care plan you are able to spread your wings and continue on your own but many of our clients like to remain with us for the ongoing support and accountability. We also recommend at least an annual review of your health with functional medicine lab testing. We have a few annual ongoing care plan options based on what works best for you!
Great! The next step is to complete our Multi Symptom Questionnaire (if you haven’t already) and schedule a call with our nurse to discuss your results and health concerns. She will help get you scheduled with Dr. Bradley if we feel (and you feel) we are a good fit!
Click HERE to learn more about why we use the Multi-Symptom Questionnaire and complete your initial questionnaire now.